Reading the Bible Together
The idea behind Reading the Bible Together is that everyone reads the same book of the Bible during the month. We then meet together for a Feedback Evening on the first Thursday evening of the following month, when we share together what we have learnt.
Whilst reading the book, it can be helpful to consider the following key questions:
- What did you learn about Jesus?
- What did you learn about yourself?
- How were you corrected and rebuked?
- How do you feel you need to change to be the “servant of God thoroughly equipped for every good work”?
- What did you learn from the Scripture that will help you endure and be encouraged?
- What did you learn that will teach you to do works of service to build up the church at Kensit Evangelical Church?
- What have you learnt that helps you love the Lord your God with all your heart & with all your soul & with all your mind?
- What has helped you love your neighbour as yourself?
|MONTH||SCRIPTURE READING||FEEDBACK DATE|
|January 2020||2 John||6th February|
|December||1 John||2nd January|
|May||2 Peter||6th June|
|April||1 Peter||2nd May|
|January 2019||James||7th February|
|November||Song of Solomon||7th December|
|August||2 Corinthians||6th September|
|July||1 Corinthians||6th September|
|June||2 Chronicles||5th July|
|May||1 Chronicles||7th June|
|April||Paul’s letter to Philemon||3rd May|
|March||Paul’s letter to Titus||5th April|
|January 2018||Paul’s second letter to Timothy||1st February|
|December||Paul’s first letter to Timothy||4th January|
|October||2 Kings||2nd November|
|September||1 Kings||5th October|
|August||Gospel of John||7th September|
|July||2 Samuel||3rd August|
|June||1 Samuel||6th July|
|May||Gospel of Mark||1st June|
|March||Joshua *||6th April|
|January 2017||Colossians||2nd February|
|September||Gospel of Luke||6th October|
|April||2 Thessalonians||5th May|
|March||1 Thessalonians||7th April|
|February||Joshua *||3rd March|
|January 2016||Gospel of Matthew *||4th February|
|November||Psalm 107 – 150 (5th Book)||3rd December|
|October||Psalms 90 – 106 (4th Book)||5th November|
|September||Psalms 73 – 89 (3rd Book)||1st October|
|August||Psalms 42 – 72 (2nd Book)||3rd September|
|July||Psalms 1 – 41 (1st Book)||6th August|
|June||Acts of the Apostles||2nd July|
|January 2015||Genesis||5th February|
|October||Gospel of Matthew *||6th November|
|* We have read these books twice!|